Friday, January 27, 2012

Historical Photos: Sabra Crawley





This photo, taken in the early 1900's, is the only one that I have of Sabra Crawley, my great-great grandmother.  It has circulated among Crawley family researchers for a number of years and I obtained from my copy of this photo from Sylvia Elaine Herrin, my cousin and a family researcher.  The old photo is not a clear image and Sabra's face and hands look somewhat distorted, but I guess one photo of her is better than none.  

Sabra was also called "Sabry".  She was one of several children born from the union of John and Mary "Polly" Merritt Crawley.  Sabra married William H. Herrin and settled in Lamar County, Mississippi.  They had 8 children together, including Sarah Herrin, my great grandmother.  

Our family connection:
Sabra Crawley Herrin > Sarah Herrin Johnson > Susie Johnson > Me


No comments:

Post a Comment