Friday, December 16, 2011

Follow Friday- Friday Finds: Software- The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding


While "snooping" around the web I came across an interesting find.  The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (aka TNG) is a program that can publish one's family history online.  After browsing some of the family history sites that use this program I was really impressed with the layout and structure of the family trees and databases.  The TNG program is inexpensive but requires one to have a web domain if they plan to publish their family history.

I decided on a web hosting site last night and created my own domain name then I purchased the TNG program.  It comes in a zip file so it must be uploaded to my domain before I can begin using it.  It's going to take some time for me to learn how to use WordPress and the TNG structure but will be worth it if I can share all my family research online.  Most of my family members don't have access to my family tree on ancestry.com.  With the TNG program, my family will have free access to our history.  I will post updates here as I progress with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment