Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday: Friday Finds: Favorite Blog Posts this Week


It's been a really busy week for me.  My work schedule changed a little which seemed to throw me off schedule somewhat.  My cousin Elaine (Herrin) Knight came to visit me on Monday and she brought a tote bag full of photos and family files.  I was thrilled to browse through her albums and view some photos which I plan to add to my collection!  I told her she brought me a years worth of work, so I'll be scanning, scanning, scanning, lol! 

I've made contact with two of my distant cousins and fellow Simmons researchers, Emmitt Simmons Jr and John E. Simmons, who I first met at the Simmons Memorial Dedication Ceremony 13 years ago!  I'm looking forward to hearing more from them- perhaps they have new information on our Simmons line. 

Mississippi State Flower- Magnolia


Now on to some of my favorite posts by other genea-bloggers this week: 

Need a good laugh?  Check out How NOT to Jump-Start Your Genealogy at Greta's Genealogy Bog.  This post tickled my funny bone!

Deb Ruth at Adventures in Genealogy points out the importance of sharing our family research on Tombstone Tuesday-Why Share?  By sharing her information on Find A Grave, she helped a fellow researcher find their family.

A beautiful poem, My Memory Library, was posted at My Heritage Happens.  The poem is a loving tribute to her deceased mother.

Read the original Civil War news articles posted in Harper's Weekly!  A post on Tangled Trees led me to the site which is great!  


Thanks to Dr. Bill at Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories for sharing a great snapshot in Those Places Thursday-Maytag Store in Coon.  I love old town photos!

I enjoyed reading Andrea's post at How Did I Get Here?  My Amazing Genealogy Journey about her grandpa Harold Murrell's arrival in America- check her story out here.

My most favorite post of this week is *drum roll*.... A Hobbyist's Genealogy Manifesto, posted by Bart Brenner at Stardust 'n' Roots, giving his take on how and why he pursues genealogy with such a passion and sharing his own principles and practices while doing family research.   A great read for genea-bloggers!

I'm going to wrap this post up at that and return to my business of scanning, scanning, and more scanning!

Have a great weekend everyone!


2 comments: