Monday, January 16, 2012

Abundant Genealogy- Week Three: Free Online Genealogy Tools





Week #3 – Free Online Genealogy Tools Week 3 – Free Online Genealogy Tools: Free online genealogy tools are like gifts from above. Which one are you most thankful for? How has it helped your family history experience? This challenge runs from Sunday, January 15, 2012 through Saturday, January 21, 2012.

Recently I have been browsing the Find A Grave web site (www.findagrave.com) and I am so grateful for the generosity of the people who have donated their time and effort to make the site a success!  I have found several photos of head stones of ancestors of myself and my husband.  I also like being able to leave a note and flower graphics on their memorial pages.  I have signed up on the site and although I have only one memorial page (my Mom's), I plan to add more later.  Some of the memorial pages have photos of the person and their families, links to other family members, and obituaries.  Find A Grave is currently one of my most favorite free online genealogy tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment