Saturday, January 14, 2012

Iva Louetta Peak, 1905-1980, Marion County MS

Iva Louetta Peak Stogner

Iva Louetta Peak, my paternal grandmother, was born 14 October 1905 in Marion County, Mississippi.  She was the daughter of Simpson Peak and Lizzie Miller. She is shown in the household with her parents on the 1920 Federal Census, Marion County.

She married first Willie Furr on 10 April 1924 in Marion County, Mississippi. From their union, a daughter was born- Annie Mae.

Lewis Stogner & Iva Peak
Marriage Certificate

She married second Lewis Edward Stogner on 07 June 1926 in Marion County, Mississippi.  From their union, five children were born- Velma Jean, Hollis, Jewel Mason, Charles Laverne and Shelby Ray.  Ivy and Lewis were married 54 years before her death.  She died on 24 September 1980 at Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg, Forrest County, Mississippi, following a lengthy illness.  She was buried in the Foxworth Cemetery, Marion County, Mississippi.

Iva P. Stogner Death Certificate
Obituary for Iva P. Stogner

I spent a great deal of time with my Grandma Ivy while I was young.  During summer breaks from school and holidays, I usually visited her.  I have written a few memories about my memories of her in my Sharing Memories posts.  

See also:
Tombstones: Lewis Edward & Iva Louetta Peak Stogner



No comments:

Post a Comment